- Day 1: Beehive #1 was confirmed to have an active American Foulbrood infection in an apiary of eleven beehives. All ten healthy hives were considered "at risk" of contracting American Foulbrood due to the highly contagious nature of the disease and the proximity to the infected hive. The sick hive and five healthy hives (#1-6) were treated with BroodSafe™. Five other healthy hives (#7-11) received no treatment.
- Day 15: The originally infected beehive (#1) that was treated with BroodSafe™ recovered fully.
- Day 30: Four of the five untreated beehives (#7-10) became infected with American Foulbrood. One of these four hives (#7) collapsed completely with a severe American Foulbrood infection. The beehives that had been treated with BroodSafe™ (#1-6) remained healthy. All surviving hives were then treated with BroodSafe™ (#1-6 and #8-11).
- Day 45: All four of the diseased hives (#8-11) recovered fully after BroodSafe™ treatment. The originally infected beehive (#1) that was treated with BroodSafe™ on Days 1 & 30 remained healthy. The five prophylactically treated hives (#2-6) remained healthy.
- Day 100: All ten remaining hives (#1-6 and #8-11) were healthy and had no signs of American Foulbrood.